According to Vastu Shastra, plants and trees play a vital role in bringing the positive vibes and energy in the house. The plants also purify the air and provide us oxygen. Here are some Vastu tips for plants and trees inside the house and for the external environment by our personal life coach and Vastu consultant Mr. Manoj Jain.
Must have plants for the house-
1.Tulsi– It is considered to be highly auspicious as per Hindu mythology and hence is found in every Hindu household as it is believed to bring prosperity for the inmates. Tulsi is even used as an essential herb in medicines and cures various diseases. It even helps in purifying the blood and improving the digestive system. Vastu says this plant should be placed in the north-east, north or the eastern part f the house.
2. Creepers– Vastu says creepers should be grown in the garden independently, without taking the help of the walls. The only creeper which can be grown within the house is the money plant, even in the bedroom.
3. Bamboo plant- It is believed that the bamboo plant brings in good luck and even protects the residents from evil powers. Even in the office, stalks of bamboo can be placed as they bring in good luck. The healthier the bamboo plant is the more prosperous will the inmates be.
4. Vastu Shastra suggests growing of lemon, lotus, and jasmine as they are considered to be very lucky.
Note:- Thorny plants- The only thorny plant which can be grown within any household is the rose plants, otherwise thorny plants are strictly prohibited within a residential plot as they bring in a lot negative energy and even bring bad luck for the inmates of the house.
Trees and Plants for the external environment-
There are some important Vastu tips for the external environment –
1. North facing – Less plants and planters, Ashoka and heavy trees are not allowed. Flower trees are good.
2. East facing – Less plants and planters, Ashoka and heavy trees are not allowed. Fruit trees are good.
3. Northeast – Less plants and planters, Ashoka and heavy trees are not allowed. Tulsi and Awala trees are good
4. South and southeast – Red flower trees are good, heavy trees are good, long trees like Ashoka are good
5. West and northwest – White flower trees are good, heavy trees are good, long trees like Ashoka are good.
6. Southwest – Red flower trees are good, heavy trees are good, long trees like Ashoka are good.