Sun holds great importance to us- scientifically and religiously. Surya Namaskar… literally meaning Sun Salutation is the respect and celebration of the source of all life forms.
Surya Namaskar is meant not just for a healthy body but also for a healthy mind. It is an excellent cardiovascular exercise and improves as well as enhances blood circulation throughout the body. The best time of doing the asana is early in the morning preferably empty stomach. Each round of Sun Salutation consists of two sets, and each set is composed of 12 yoga poses.
Besides good health, Surya Namaskar also provides an opportunity to express gratitude to the sun for sustaining life on this planet. Doing 12 sets of this exercise translates into doing various powerful yoga asanas in a span of 10 to 15 minutes. The asanas are designed in a way that they have an amazing impact on the stomach, liver, heart, intestines, chest, throat, and legs, which means the whole body from head to toe is benefited. It also ensures the proper functioning of the bowels, the stomach, and the nerve centers.
In Ayurveda, there are three basic types of energy, known as the Doshas. When you practice this routine every day, the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are also balanced.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar;
1. Enhances Blood Circulation in the Body by constant inhaling and exhaling, in addition, it removes the toxins from the body.
2. It helps in Weight Loss and also tones your abs and arms. The spine becomes extremely flexible. It also strengthens your skeletal system.
3. Menstrual Cycle becomes regular if Surya Namaskar is practiced regularly.
4. Healthy glow on your skin and hair quality improves as well as it delays the signs of aging. This also prevents hair loss and premature greying of hair.
5. Anti-anxiety, Anti-depressant and Calming effect The Surya Namaskar poses improve memory and enhance the nervous system. It also stabilizes the activity of the Thyroid and endocrine glands resulting in reduced stress, anxiety and increased calmness.
It is evident that Surya Namaskar is a complete exercise involving the physical, mental and spiritual aspects required for the overall well being of the body. The best part is that neither it requires any expensive equipment nor any court or ground and still gives the best outcome.